According to the report, fundraisers make a:
- Median salary of $71,100
- Mean (average) salary of $82,028
Top 25 percent of fundraisers earn more than $97,000
Bottom 25 percent earn $53,000 or less
The good news is that average salaries for fundraisers increased in the U.S. and Canada in 2012!
- 66% of respondents to the study reported salary increases of up to 10 percent
- 27% reported no change in salary
- Less than 10 percent reported a decrease
Although the nonprofit sector seems to be a female dominated field, it turns out that it is men who are making 25% more than women.
- The average salary of male fundraisers is reported to be $102,710
- Females are paid an average of $76,126
There is a strong correlation between years of experience and compensation.
- Fundraisers with less than 10 years of experience reported average salaries of $53,000-$73,835
- Those with 10-14 years of experience reported average salaries of $84,550
- Those with 30 or more years of experience averaged $121,678
The possession of a certification credential correlates positively with salary. In the United States sample, CFREs reported average salaries nearly $22,000 higher than the average for respondents with no certification.