Join Fitz Nonprofit Consulting‘s Senior Consultant, Hannah Berger, as she talks about Managing Up: Secrets to Stellar Board Engagement at The Hive at the Leichtag Commons on January 17, 2018 @ 9:30 am – 11:00 am. Cost is $18 (includes lunch)!
Sign up here! Details below.
As a professional in the charitable sector, chances are you have big goals, a strong sense of urgency and a deep passion for the mission of your organization. You may also have more workload than days in the week and you certainly have multiple bosses to keep informed and engaged – your board of directors. In this ninety (90) minute session you will learn tried and true methods to engage your board members and empower them to:
- Show up and actively engage in board meetings
- Advocate for your organization’s mission and goals
- Jump in and be actively and effectively involved in fundraising
- Know and appreciate their impact on your organization’s mission
This session includes an interactive presentation highlighting real world case studies and Industry-specific research. Attendees will be encouraged to share current challenges for real time analysis, discussion and support. Concepts to be presented and discussed include:
- The Roles and Responsibilities of Board vs. Staff Members
- Setting and Exceeding Expectations
- The Onboarding Process
- Education = Empowerment
- Relationship Management – AKA “How to Keep the Romance Alive”