A Fundraising Plan is a nonprofit’s road map to donors, foundations, corporations and other funding revenue sources. To create your roadmap, you need to know your destination or how much you want to raise. Ask yourself (and your Executive Director and Board Fundraising Chair) these two questions:
- How much did you fundraise last year in total?
- How much do you want to fundraise this year?
To determine how much you want (or can) fundraise for this year, list out how much you raised last year for each fundraising effort you completed.
To help you create this, please utilize Fitz’s customized template:
Now comes the challenging part, how are you going to increase the fundraising revenue for each effort? Create a strategy for each fundraising effort that you want to increase the income.
To implement your fundraising strategy, you will need to identify :
- The steps to take to reach your goal.
- The fundraising tools you will need.
- The time it will take.
- The individuals who are responsible to do so.
- The desired result of this strategy.
To help you create your fundraising strategies, please utilize Fitz’s customized fundraising plan template:
If you would like to receive a sample of a full fundraising plan,
please email me and I will send it to you.